“Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true” - Unknown
Self-esteem is the way you judge and look at yourself. Some people believe that their appearance will enhance their level of self-esteem, but in reality, having high self-esteem comes from the ability to see yourself special and unique all the time.
Do you see yourself as special and unique? Do you have high self-esteem? Do you love yourself? No?
Here is a quick 5 step guide to build self esteemwhen you forget how great you are:
1. Believe in your inner beauty. Don’t say to yourself that you are not beautiful nor unique. Know that every person is unique and true gift to the world. There is no one on earth like you and you have a lot to offer to humanity.
2. Believe in your mind power. Know that the way you see yourself comes from the power of your thoughts and mind. Use your mind power and the power of your thoughts to develop love for yourself. Once you begin to see yourself as unique, people around you will begin to see you in the same way.
3. Focus on your positive qualities. You have to realize that you as a human being have good and positive qualities, so begin to focus on what you have going for you instead of focusing on your negative qualities. Always surround yourself with people who think you are beautiful and who enjoy your company and your positive qualities. Focusing on your positive attributes and surrounding yourself with positive friends will help you better accept yourself and hence build your self esteem.
4. Overcome your negative habits. If you have a negative habit that you don’t like, make plans to get rid of it. Once you substitute your negative habit with a positive one, your self-esteem will improve.
5. Compliment yourself. Compliment yourself on what you like about your looks, your positive attributes, and every time you do something right and nice for yourself and others. Do this each and every day until it becomes a habit.
Always remember what Anna Freud said, “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.”