Wednesday, December 08, 2010

10 Common Happiness Mistakes



"The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being." - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lamat

More Pics @ MySpaceAntics.com
  1. To delay to do something important until you have some “free time,” because you may never have any free time
  2. To retreat into isolation when you’re unhappy
  3. To neglect to make a small change because you think a big change is necessary
  4. To refuse to consider a big change because you assume you can only make a small change
  5. To “treat” yourself to something you wouldn’t ordinarily permit yourself, because you’re feeling blue
  6. To postpone something important until you’re feeling healthier, or thinner, or married, or whatever
  7. To think that you can “make” someone else be happy
  8. To imagine that what’s true for other people is true for you
  9. To spend too much time, or not enough time, thinking about the past, present, or future
  10. To ignore the truth about your own temperament, interests, and aptitudes
What have I overlooked? Wait! I just thought of another. "To think about everything you don't have, instead of everything you do have." But that wasn't the one that I forgot...

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 AM

    To ignore the truth about your own temperament, interests, and aptitudes.

    I tend to get carried away. but i find my self in high happiness when i meditate myself in a higher state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. 6 is what I do a lot , postponing something important until I feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe stupid girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic is awesome. Proud to be american

    ReplyDelete
  5. the girl on the picture seems so dumb :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I take some of these as common sense. #2 is kinda killer though, sometimes I just want to have my personal time to think things through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good points =)
    expecially the first one is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. followin your blog

    www.yourchilltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with #9. Dwelling on the past too much can hinder happiness.

    ReplyDelete