*It’s recommended not to replace more than 2 eggs per recipe.
- 1 tsp baking powder + 1 1/2 TBS water + 1 1/2 TBS oil
- 1 tsp baking powder + 1 TBS water + 1 TBS vinegar
- 2 TBS water or milk + 2 TBS flour + 1/2 TBS shortening + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBS vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS lemon juice + 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBS cornstarch + 3 TBS water for each missing egg
- 2 TBS arrowroot flour
- 2 TBS potato starch
- 1 TBS tapioca starch + 1/4 cup warm water (mix well & allow to gel a bit before using)
- 1 tsp yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 banana, mashed (medium size) + 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS applesauce
- 3 TBS mayonnaise (*contains eggs so not suitable for allergy or vegan accomodation)
Flax Seed Egg Replacer*Replacer for 1 egg
1 TBS flax seed (ground)3 TBS water
- Method #1: Simmer together on top of stove for about 5 minutes until the consistency reaches a thick, egg-white like consistency.
- Method #2: Blend ingredients together in a blender or food processor until the mixture is thick and creamy. Refrigerate.