- 15 large tomatoes
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups mixed vegetables - cauliflower, carrot, green beans, baby okra
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and boil in 3 cups of water till soft. Mash well and strain through a soup sieve to make purée. Add enough water to this to get a thin soup consistency. Put back on the stove and bring to a boil.
- While the tomato purée is boiling, heat the oil in a small pan on a medium flame. zSB(3,3)
Add the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves to the oil and fry till the spluttering stops.
- Immediately add this mix to the tomato purée and mix well. Add the red chilli powder, salt and the mixed vegetables and stir. Simmer and cook till vegetables are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot plain boiled rice.